RE: VIRUS IDENTIFIED IN SCHOOL COMMUNITY
Dear Maine-Endwell School Community,
On February 23rd 2021, the District was notified of one (1) positive COVID case involving a student who attends the Middle School. The student was not in a building and all contact tracing has been completed and all impacted persons have been notified.
Exposure to COVID-19 can occur from any person-to-person or proximate contact. There are a number of steps that can minimize the spread of all respiratory illnesses, including COVID-19, according to the New York State Department of Health:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water is not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
We will continue to monitor this situation and will notify staff and families immediately of any interruptions to the school schedule. We appreciate your patience and cooperation, as we know this is a serious matter of great concern to many of you. Please contact my office if you have any questions at 607-754-1400 x2311 or via email at [email protected].
Jason R. Van Fossen,
Superintendent of Schools