Good Morning All:
We are off and running! While we are working through some logistical challenges (which we expected early on), some information for you:
1. EDUCATIONAL MATERIALS WILL BE POSTED BY 3PM TODAY (per Brenda Potsko). Please pass this along.
2. I want to clarify the role of our Building Principals during this closure:
WHILE SCHOOL IS CLOSED:
• Building Principals are responsible for the implementation of all instructional continuity and will be working with their faculty to address any / all questions.
• Building Principals will be communicating with their faculty daily to address questions and provide support. You may communicate with your building principal by email as they are available 8AM to 3PM.
• Building Principals will communicate with the District Office regarding additional resource needs, etc.
3. The role of the District Office during the school closure:
• Building Principals will report any major disruptions, needs, challenges, etc., for a district-wide coordinated approach. For example, if we identify the need for technology resources, this will be addressed from our Informational Technology team and not left to each building to address.
• Instructional questions, social / emotional support questions, student need questions (for example) will flow through your Building Principal who will determine the next course of action.
As a former social studies teacher, I have wondered what living through a significant world event must have been like… and while 9/11 gave us a glimpse, this is truly a historical national / world epidemic. We need to breathe, relax, clear our heads, and make sure that we don’t lose sight of what we are trying to accomplish. My new favorite quote:
“Patience, you try to have it / keep it, but it comes and goes”
Thank you everyone for what you are doing and for having patience and understanding – it is appreciated.