Any resident is eligible to run for election to the Board of Education as long as they meet the following qualifications: (Policy #9130).
1. Must be able to read and write.
2. Must be a qualified voter of the district; that is a citizen of the United States, at least 18 years of age or older, and not adjudged to be an incompetent.
3. Must be and have been a resident of the district for at least one (1) year prior to the election, but need not be a taxpayer
4. Must not simultaneously hold another incompatible public office.
5. May not reside with another member of the same school board as a member of the same family.
6. May not have been removed from any school district office within the preceding year.
7. May not be a current employee of the school board.
1. Candidates shall be nominated by petition and run for a specific seat.
2. There are two (2) three-year seats for election on May 19, 2020 - the seats are currently held by Jamie Bernard and Victoria Williams.
3. The number of signatures needed to nominate a candidate for placement on the May 19, 2020 ballot is at least 25.
4. Each petition must be submitted to the District Clerk at 712 Farm to Market Rd., Endwell on or before Monday, April 20, 2020 at 4:30 p.m.
If you are interested in running for the Board, please contact Michelle Andrews, District Clerk, 754-1400 ext. 2311 or [email protected]
Broome-Tioga School Boards Association offers a free Prospective Board Member Workshop. Click HERE for information.