Dear Homer Brink Families,
It is hard to believe that winter is just around the corner. Fall flew by! I cannot thank you enough for all you are doing at home to support your child(rens) learning. It takes a village certainly applies in this unprecedented time.
Please continue to check the website on a regular basis to read the latest information from the District Office in addition to guidelines parents must follow if a child is out sick.
Children will go outside as long as it is above 20 degrees so please send them with appropriate clothing so they are warm. We are continuing to take advantage of nice weather so P.E classes and recess will be outside unless it rains.
Just a friendly reminder to our 100% remote families that related arts has activities throughout the week posted in SeeSaw and Schoology for your child(ren). Also, please join them live on Fridays for a live related arts lesson.
Do you ask your children what they did in school each day? Do you sometimes hear “I don’t know, not much, or I can’t remember”? I found the following questions on a website that I want to share with you. You may find these questions will give you a more detailed response.
- What was the best thing that happened at school today? (What was the worst thing that happened at school today?
- Tell me something that made you laugh today.
- If you could choose who would you like to sit by in class? Why?
- Where is the coolest place in school?
- Tell me a weird word that you heard today. (Or something weird someone said.)
- If I called your teacher tonight what would she tell me about you?
- How did you help somebody today?
- How did somebody help you today?
- Tell me one thing that you learned today.
- When were you the happiest today?
- What word did your teacher say the most today?
- Who would you like to play with at recess that you’ve never played with before?
- Tell me something good that happened today?
- What do you think you should do/learn more of at school?
- What do you think you should do/learn less of at school?
- Who in your class do you think you could be nicer to?
- Where do you play the most at recess?
- Who is the funniest person in your class? Why is he/she so funny?
- If you got to be the teacher tomorrow what would you do?
- If you could switch seats with anyone in the class who would you trade with? Why?
- Tell me about three different times you used your pencil today at school.
- Tell me about a character in a story you heard about or read about today.
Thank you for your continuing support!