Mission:To deliver a premier education to each student.
We promise to inspire, engage, empower and graduate all students as well-rounded, community-minded, global thinkers, leaders and innovators.
• Students are our first priority, and we always make decisions in their best interest.
• Every student can learn and achieve success.
• We act with integrity, value diversity and preserve the dignity of each person.
• We promote and support innovation.
• A positive, risk-free and safe environment is essential for learning.
• We are a community of leaders who exemplify strong character.
• We value collaboration, community partnerships and shared decision-making.
• We always pursue excellence.
Immediate priorities: apply significant focus, resource and attention
• Structure a UPK-2 intervention model to ensure that all students have the necessary skills in literacy and math.
• Implement curriculum, instruction and interventions that promote academic achievement for students with disabilities and economically disadvantaged students.
• Implement EK-12 programs that provide rigorous curriculum and enrichment opportunities for all students.
• Design and implement a comprehensive strategy to increase graduation rates and eliminate dropouts
New opportunities: begin to plan and implement
• Improve Kindergarten readiness through outreach to families of children birth to age five, collaboration with early childhood providers and the effective alignment of our UPK, EK and K programs.
• Partner with higher education, businesses and organizations to advance educational opportunities for students.
Foundational strategies: maintain current focus, resources and attention
• Continuously develop and implement rigorous, comprehensive and aligned curriculum to foster data-informed instruction.
• Review, restructure and improve our Response to Intervention program.
• Revitalize collaboration among all members of our professional learning community.
• Improve family-school communication, partnerships and involvement UPK to 12.
• Expand guided, real-world learning opportunities to ensure post-secondary success.
The district will direct professional development resources to support implementation of the priorities above.
|Below are links to presentations about the strategic plan.